Saturday, December 3, 2011

doing Girl stuff!

Our nails needed some TLC and I have an eager partner.

She sat through three coats of paint patiently watching as we took turns.  She was quick to hold out her hands waiting for me to finish mine.

To be honest I didn't know how well a 2 year old would do with this.  I had foreseen a disaster happening as she finally lost her desire to sit and NOT touch ANYTHING; her patience disappeared like a box of chocolates.  But she was an angel!

I couldn't help but to feel giddy! This simple act of painting our nails was like a rite of passage for a mother and daughter and I went skipping through it. 

It's just the beginning right?  First, it's painting our nails, followed by dealing with her friends and (then the heart wrenching part for a mother) falling in love.  Along comes a wedding and so on.

  They grow up so fast.
I've not only been told this a hundred times but it echos through my head as a constant reminder to slow down and ENJOY every moment.

So I took it slow.
Enjoyed brushing the polish on her tiny nails.  Some nails just took a drop of polish and even that was too much.  I watched her as I did this and I've tattooed her smile in my memory.

She did great! 
 We let them dry by blowing gently on them.  For the rest of the day I noticed her looking down at her new color and then she'd replay the story to me of how she saw it.  Her story is more precious than mine.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment