Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Girl


She's growing up and so lovely to be around!  Her smile is intoxicating!  Joy flows out of her and "love" is her middle name.

She is a sponge right now.  I love teaching her things like how to close a Ziploc bag.  Her face lights up with joy when she's accomplished it.  I'm singing praises back at her and dancing a jig right in the middle of the bike path, not caring what the world thinks of me...encouraging the small things.

She is two years old and her independence is growing.  I'm learning that she responds well when I give her choices rather then just telling her what to do.  Usually at this point the choices I give cater to what I want her to do...  :)     ...but she does it willingly.  Once I give her a choice and she makes up her mind, she responds with an "oh,  YES".
It's so cute it makes you want to freeze time, bottle her up and keep her right at that age!
She talks about the babies in my tummy a lot.  One night I heard her say in her sleep, "Babies, get out"!  Oh, miss Ruby, it will be a while.

She get so excited and starts jumping up and down at the thought of her being able to "play toys" with them or push them in a swing at the park.

I love to watch and study her.  I would love to get inside her mind and see how it's working.  I hear myself thinking in my own mind, "Ruby when I grow up, I want to be just like you."

Being childlike!
I need more of that and less adultlike.

This girl is in love with Veggie Tales.  She sings and reinacts what is going on during the videos.  Many times she's getting me on the dance floor with her.  I let out this big sigh and reluctantly join her.  Soon we are burning the carpet up and I'm thankful for my dance partner.

We take walks to the park almost daily.
 "A park a day keeps the doctor away."  Right?!   It seems to be working!

So our journey continues.
Sure glad I get to do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment