Saturday, May 26, 2012

happy

I've made it to 25 weeks in no time at all.


 It seems like yesterday that Tim and I celebrated the news of this miracle happening inside me.

Great News...
Babies are around 2 lbs each and over 14 inches long.

I've had to slow down a lot. Work has changed dramatically for me. I still work my Tuesdays and Fridays but only at 10-2pm doing colors. As of June 1st,  I'm starting maternity leave.  The date on coming back not yet established.  I feel the best in the mornings and as the day goes on the pain increases. There is such a big difference from caring one baby than two.

I'm still trying daily to get my 120grams of protein. That itself takes much attention.

But with all that said,

I'm so close to meeting these two boys that we get the privilege of raising.  I can't wait to birth them, hold them, smell their newborn smell and nurse them. Hear their crys and coos. Support their little heads in the palm of my hand as I study them and Praise God for this very special gift.  I look forward to the smell of a freshly bathed newborn and watching Ruby bloom into this big sister role that I believe she will wear proudly.

As our family dynamics are changing a very small part of me grieves the fact that I can't give all the attention to Ruby anymore.  BUT that is a VERY small part of me.  I know these two boys will be the puzzle piece that we didn't know was missing.

The next three months Miss Ruby and I are going to spend a lot of time together. I'm always searching for new ways to tell her I love her. The challenge is thrilling.

 She is growing into such a lovely little girl. I love that today as we speak, we're creating her childhood memories,  that she will remember forever. What a gift to be able to be apart of someones life, to be their momma, advocate, protector and provider.


No comments:

Post a Comment