Saturday, June 16, 2012

full time mommy

This girl loves water like I love a good massage.  Today we went outside for a change of pace after spending most of our day with my feet up, babying my ever growing body.  I'm now on maternity leave and as much as I miss conversing with adults at work, I can't ignore my soul's desire to soak up every moment with this girl.

She looked at the hose laying on the ground then looked at me and with a BIG grin she said, "Play water?"  "Go for it." I told her. She had on her clothes and a bow in her hair that she put in herself.  Many times as a mom I ask myself a question, "What's it going to hurt? (if she gets wet?) If she dumps all the playdough on the kitchen floor?  Or spills jello on her shirt?"


But that question doesn't come natural.  Maybe it's because I'm older and its harder for me to just roll with it.  To let her be a kid and fail at things or learn why not to do them.

I try to offer her many choices. Well, two choices. She seems to do better if she feels like she in control.  Who said "two's" are terrible?  This age is fantastic!  Sure, she has her moments but, then again, so do I.

*******
Daddy was out mowing the lawn and he came inside and said "Ruby do you want to catch some fireflies?" She was watching her daddy very closely but didn't want to catch them herself.


******
Sunday afternoon a rain storm swept through Lincoln.  Tim, Ruby, and I were relaxing inside when we heard thunder crackling in the far distance. The temperature dropped dramatically and I couldn't help but to grab my camera and invite my side kick to play out in the rain.



She did what every kid does in the rain; she ran around like crazy, sticking her tongue out, jumping in the puddles, and running around like it was raining candy.

*****

I had a midwife appointment last week and it went well.  I'm just struggling with the heaviness in my belly and my constantly feeling weak.  I'm noticing many signs right now that I noticed in LATE pregnancy with Ruby.  My belly isn't only low, it's high also. 
I have what you call an "overhang" (where my belly is lower then my pubic bone) Doesn't that just sound lovely?  ;)

Anymore I just have to laugh at all the changes and accept it, while looking for the beauty in all of it.

I feel fingers stretch inside me all the way down.  It feels like they're reaching to my knees while the other guy is kicking my ribs out.  Carrying two is WAY different than carrying one. 


I have 10 weeks left and I'm liking the countdown!   I'm 30 weeks but I'm measuring 47 weeks.   I will probably measure anywhere from 75-85 weeks when we are all said and done.

So to every person walking down the street that sees me and says, "Wow, did you see that lady?", "Are you OVERDUE?", or "Woman you're going to pop!"

Or...

 ...to the lady at Ace Hardware that gave me a look of complete disgust at the size of my belly

 (no kidding),
Watch out insensitive people, this momma's hormonal!

Every day is a good day but I'm not going to sugar coat it... I have my moments.


  Being pregnant alone is a miracle in itself. Having twins naturally is still blowing my mind away.

 Nothing wonderful comes easy right? Success most of the time doesn't come over night. Finding a spouse and marrying the right one takes time, changing of yourself doesn't happen over night, or at least not with me.


 I have to remind myself that carry two babies is NOT a piece of cake.

 But then again anything hard is worth the fight.

Whether it's physically or emotionally.




























No comments:

Post a Comment