Tuesday, July 24, 2012

the kicker











Here we are at 35 weeks! When I first found out I was pregnant with twins, 35 weeks felt like it was years away.

 Things are going really well and babies are moving around growing A LOT! As I sit here and write this, I take in the feeling of both of their movements. It feels like they're playing a game of tennis! One will move and the other will follow, responding to each other as their bond already seems so strong.

I've had to baby my body, making sure that I eat 120grams of protein EVERY day which prevents so many problems. Eating properly has kept my swelling down. It's been challenging, but I feel that it has been a huge success considering the fact that I am in the last few weeks of this pregnancy and having record temps outside.

I always have my leukocytes checked and that tells many different things. One thing they watch for is sugar, which is what yeast lives off of.  Thankfully, I've only had one test that I showed a small amount. The test I had today had a trace which is because I been enjoying a few chocolate covered almonds after a meal. So bye-bye treat.  Strict orders.
Babies are probably 5+ pounds each. Heart rates are very strong. You can hear the heartbeat all the way up and down their bodies.

The kicker for me is that I'm measuring 52 weeks pregnant. Yes, that's 12 months pregnant folks. And let me tell you what, I feel like I am.

Looking forward to meeting these babies. So incredibly proud and blessed that I get to have twins.

Would I do it all over again?

You Betcha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment