Wednesday, July 9, 2014

we dance


There are times when I feel like I'm ready to break. I don't feel like I'm cut out for this mom thing. I catch myself watching the clock. Instead, I turn on a little Michael Bublé  and start dancing.

The kids are in the dining room throwing food(which makes me crazy). I crank the music and instantly I have an audience. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I come around the corner into the dining room and dance for them.

 
 
 I pick up both of their sippy cups and they become microphones.  Towels make great boas.
 Encouraged by my outrageous antics, Ruby jumps out of her chair and puts on her tap shoes. We spin, dip and make up moves. Confidence is written all over our faces.
The boys get their turns too. Usually I'm holding one and the other one is at my feet waiting his turn.
 
 
 
It lightens the moods, changes the attitudes and it makes the last few hours of the day run more smoothly. 


 
Take a bow, buddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment