Monday, September 29, 2014

Ahhh-weee turns two!


Oliver's birthday was just as fun! The boys opened up a few gifts on Simon's birthday, so today was mostly about having cake and ice cream, blowing out more candles and being together as a family!

 Later in the day we went to a friends house to swim and have more cake and ice cream. We were singing more birthday songs, trying to get all the kids names in during that time in the song. It all kind of sounded like a mush of words coming out of every ones mouths not in any order. The adults all kind of looked at each other with big eyes and shrugged shoulders like, "that was a train wreck, but funny!"



Oliver, you are a loving, determined, smart little guy. I feel like in just the last few days you've turned a big corner and you are communicating with me on a different level than last week.
 
Here are some fun things you are doing at 2 years old this week.
Since you boys are growing and developing so quickly, next will be a even bigger list.

 
 
There is going to be a lot of the same on here as Simon's just because you two copy each other and are always doing what the other one is doing.
 
You call the sky "wah wah"
Oliver, the other day a song came on from the Frozen sound track. So you picked up the little yellow guitar and started strumming it and tried to sing "Let it Go." It was completely awesome!




Simon slipped in the bath tub the other day and Oliver started rubbing Simons arm asking him if he was "k?" (OK) Simon let him know he was ok!
 
You call your diapers or you naked bottom "pew pew pew"
He thinks is hilarious if he toots. He cracks himself up.
What's even FUNNIER is if he does it in the bath tub!
 


 

Oliver loves it when he accomplishes something, with joy out of his mouth comes a "I did it!" 



I love how you boys share! Yes, at times there are toys taken away over fights. But more than not, you guys understand sharing.
I love when Simon yells down the hall for his brother with a loud "oaaahhhhweeeee" and then I hear Simon's little feet running to find Oliver.
 
Your bond is so tight. Its been a blessing that I've been the one to watch this develop. I felt you two in my belly and I've get to be home and raise you. Seriously, it can't get ANY better than that.
 


When I ask the boys who they are in a picture, they are always Oliver. I think that's interesting.
People ask me if one of them is more outgoing than the other and my answer is always no. They go back and fourth.
 



Oliver was telling Simon to "shhhh" in the bath as he held his pointer finger up to his mouth. (wonder where he got that...?)
He LOVES water.
  


Oliver, you rock at negotiations. If Simon has something you want, you'll go find a toy Simon likes and offer that to him. Then, as your giving this toy to Simon, Simon hands over the toy you want. Brilliant! 



 
You like it when I say "sit down". You repeat me with a "downnn" and sometimes you'll go stand on the couch and look at me and say "down."
 
I'm trying to teach you boys about what being nice is. You're getting it! You'll say "ni, ni" and that you saying nice.
Nice!!
 
He is starting to be able to converse with me. That's so wonderful.
He says "no," but it's a gentle no, not a defiant one.
He says "yay" when there is fun music or he accomplishes something.
They both have been signing "more" for over a year now, and Oliver is saying it and using it correctly.


 
Oliver, you are a fantastic brother and a joy of a son. You make our day brighter and we're so thankful every day for you. We love everything from your growl to your dance moves, your cuddles to routines. Happy birthday lil' man!

No comments:

Post a Comment