Monday, September 29, 2014

Ruby turns Five


From the moment we got that phone call while we were in Target and found out we were pregnant with you.
 
  The time I will never forget when I first felt you move inside me.
 
 That moment when I first heard you cry.
 
 The first moment I got to nurse you, and that moment they let us take you home from the hospital...
 
Was the moment I became a mom.
 
 
That moment has been nothing short of life changing. completely phenomenal, and the most incredible amount of joy I've ever experienced.
God is so good, and has continued to shower his blessings on us.
 
Ruby, you are beautiful inside and out and I couldn't be a prouder mother. I'm so thankful that you're my precious daughter. What a beautiful thing.

 
 

And here we are, FIVE years later!
Happy birthday beautiful girl!!
 
 
 I love how this little lady is turning out. Molding her heart is what is most important to Tim and me. We can't take credit for all of it. We know that God is doing a mighty work in her during these years and we see the fruit from that!
 

Ruby is saying some really funny things. She is learning a ton of stuff and she really enjoys it. Here are a few of the things I don't want to forget.
 

 

ON BEDTIME "Mama, how long have I been sleeping? Like three hours, or 100 hours or...maybe just one minute?" You've been sleeping three hours Ruby. "Oh I was right!!"
 
One day I was out with the three kids on a hot day and I heard Ruby chanting something and I listened. She was saying, "Be like daddy, be like daddy," over and over again. I asked her why she was saying that and she said, "Because daddy likes to walk in the shade!" As she was walking in the shade.
 



When Ruby doesn't hear you, for as long as we can remember she'll say "What you say?" instead of "What did you say?" Its pretty cute. She's says it really fast so it's easy to miss it.
 


I had one of Those Days and I needed to apologize to my kids on how I was acting. So I apologized to Ruby that I wasn't very patient. She said, "That's okay mommy. I love you when you're grumpy and every other way. I love daddy every way and Oliver and Simon when they're that way  too. And you love me when I'm that way too!"



A few nights ago Ruby says she not feeling well...
 
"Mama, I just want healthy food at breakfast. I know burritos are healthy and everything but I'd like some yogurt and that wet fruit with some healthy bread and the awesome apple butter. So yummy. Is that healthy mama? I probably shouldn't have too much yogurt then my tummy will get really sick and I might throw up a little and I don't want to do that and feel icky and sticky and stuff."



 
Last night Ruby came into my bed and said, "Mommy, you're a perfect mommy for me and daddy is a perfect daddy. You are just the best and I love you so much." 
 
She rolled over and went back to sleep.



She's a proud five year old that can count to one hundred.
 
Ruby said, "Mommy, since you don't have a mommy, I'll be your mommy".
 


"Mama, I miss you when I'm not with you. I miss everyone when I'm not with them."
What do you mean Ruby?
"When I go to preschool and I'm not with my family, that's what I mean."
We miss you too Ruby.
"Yeah but I'm always with you and you are always with me."
 How is that, Ruby?
"I have you guys in my heart and in my brain. I love you, mama." She gives me a BIG hug.
 
 

 

One summer day we were over at a friends house and I over heard her say, "Breck, You're a good builder. I'm a good artist and princess dresser."


 
She asks often of when she can marry her daddy? I think she figured out when.
 When she goes to fairytale land (Disney World).


 
"Mommy, I'm older then my brothers so I can be their mommy!"



I asked her, "If people could see inside you, what would they see?"
 
 She said "My heart and Jesus."


I also asked her, "Would you rather travel back in time or go to outer space?"
 
"Back in time when mommy was little."
 

 
Dear Jesus,
Thank for this wonderful girl. She has blessed us and brought us so much joy. I pray that one day she asks You into her heart and she desires a real relationship with You throughout her life. Help us to be the parents You designed us to be. We love her, fight for her, take care of her, and teach her to love and praise You. Thank You for her. What a beautiful gift You've given us.
We are forever thankful.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment